Monday, February 11, 2013

Rejected for Us

This past summer, I went through a season where I felt very left out of a several friend groups that I had previously been really close to. I dealt with a lot of bitterness and anger, but it forced me to make the Lord my sufficiency. There were no longer friends to fill the emptiness that I felt. But this past week, some of the bitterness that I haven't felt in quite a while showed up again in my heart.

As I was laying in bed feeling sorry for myself and just thinking about how rejected I felt, the Lord reminded me of Isaiah 53.

The Lord Jesus was rejected too, for my sake.

He deserved none of it. He did not have to experience it. But He choose it. For me - for us! He was despised and rejected by men and God that I, that we, might be accepted by God. While He experienced no good thing from the Lord on the cross, I experience only good things from God.

Amazing grace, these words:

"Despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief."

Praise God!

2 comments:

  1. Katie, I've read your blog for a while and I just wanted to encourage you in all that is happening in your life. I graduated from Northwestern College a year ago and I'm definitely feeling all the stresses and... the weight of the world outside of a Christian environment. Right now my heart isn't in the greatest place with God, but I'm praying He keeps pulling me back. I just wanted to say how much of an encouragement you are and thank you for what God does through you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, Zack. Life is hard...but God is so good, through it all. I pray that He continually reminds you of all that He has completed for you in Jesus. :)

    ReplyDelete