Thursday, June 21, 2012

Saved Two Thousand Years Ago

So thankful that our assurance rests in Jesus alone. From "Gospel Wakefulness" by Jared Wilson:

"My decisions are a shallow hope indeed. These days when the Devil comes to accuse, I show him what is carved on my Savior's hand (Isa. 46:19). I rebuke him not with some sentimental tree memorializing my own spiritual movements but the tree upon which the Son of God was sacrificed for me.

If you were to ask me today when I was saved, I would answer, not entirely humorously, 'about two thousand years ago.' Indeed, because I have been predestined for salvation by the One who foreknew me before I was born or had done anything good or bad, and because the Lamb was slain from the foundation of the world, I don't need the security of the date of my new birth. I only need the security of knowing He whom I have believed and I am convinced that He is able to safeguard my life for all eternity."

No comments:

Post a Comment