Monday, May 7, 2012

Fixing My Eyes on Jesus

Sometimes, I have a hard time with perspective, when it seems that all I can see is storm of my circumstances. Though whatever I'm experiencing may be small, I cannot see that if I only look at the rain.

And so today I practice, practice fixing my eyes not on what I am experiencing, but on my glorious Savior who withholds no good thing, for He is where true peace is found.

"And in the fourth watch of the night He [Jesus] came to them, walking on the sea. But when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were terrified, and said, 'It is a ghost!' and they cried out in fear. But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, 'Take heart; it is I. Do not be afraid.'

And Peter answered him, 'Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you on the water.' He said, 'Come.' So Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water and came to Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out, 'Lord, save me.' Jesus immediately reached out his hand and took hold of him, saying to him, 'O you of little faith, why did you doubt?' And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased. And those in the boat worshiped him, saying, 'Truly you are the Son of God.'"
- Matthew 14:25-33

No comments:

Post a Comment