Saturday, May 19, 2012

Weekend Links 5/19

A Critical Mind vs. A Critical Spirit - Convicting thoughts from Trevin Wax. "What concerns me today is that in our celebration of the critical mind, we may be indulging the critical spirit. There is a difference. A big one. And it’s largely one of the heart."

His Grace Has Provided  - "But blessed be His name, that which His holiness demanded, His grace has provided in Christ Jesus our Lord. Every poor sinner who has fled to Him for refuge stands 'accepted in the Beloved' (Eph. 1:6). Hallelujah!"

Brushed Your Teeth Today?  - "A question that puts things into perspective is: Have you brushed your teeth today? You probably wouldn’t consider leaving the house without brushing your teeth, applying make-up, and spending some time on your hair. You’re probably not spending the day in your pajamas, either! Daily Bible reading doesn’t require a dramatic life-change."

Free People Rest - This. "The problem? I don't act like a free person. I act enslaved to my schedule, my to-do list, my agenda. And if I go a little deeper, I realize that my frenetic pace has everything to do with my perception of worth."

Full of Just Ordinary - "God exists. There's no such thing as ordinary. This awareness of Him in the humdrum of life - it changes everything."


No comments:

Post a Comment