Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Holiness for Gospel Adornment

I try to spend some time reading before I go to bed, and lately I have been reading some short biographies by John Piper. In his own about the Puritan John Owen, he shared this quote that summed up Owen's life and ministry.
I hope I may own in sincerity that my heart's desire unto God, and the chief design of my life...are, that mortification and universal holiness may be promoted in my own and in the hearts and ways of others, to the glory of God, that so the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ may be adorned in all things. 
It seems to me that this really should be a summary of the life of every Christian. May we be serious about pursuing holiness so that we might better display the glories of our God and His gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment