Monday, April 30, 2012

Reality

Sometimes, it feels like everything that is challenging and difficult seems to converge in the same six week period. And that is exactly what is happening right now. I need a new job (not a bad thing; I was planning on moving in a new direction in the Fall anyway. But Summer is coming much more quickly than Fall is.) I'm actually officially graduating next week! Considering I've hardly done anything school related in the past few months, I'm not sure why this seems like such a significant transition, but it does. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that up until now I could still pretend that I was a student since I didn't have a full-time job and could hang out on campus if I wanted. And then my dear roommate is beginning to pack everything up as she prepares to move in with her soon-to-be husband.

All good and right things. And yet so much change. There are so many feelings and thoughts echoing through my head and heart. And it feels as if all security and peace are gone. But these feelings are not reality!

My reality is found in the Lord Jesus, and in Him alone. "When all around my soul gives way, He then is all my hope and stay." He is constant when so many things in my life are changing. He is sovereign over those changes. He is interceding on my behalf before the Father. And He withholds no good thing from me.

I'm learning all over again my need to rest in Christ and in the sovereign perfect plans of the Lord rather than in my own ideas of what would be best. And I am convinced that I will continue to relearn this over and over again until I see Jesus face to face. But by His grace, I will be still and know that He is God. I will cease striving. I will remember where my security is found.

"On Christ, the Solid Rock, I stand - all other ground is sinking sand. All other ground is sinking sand."

No comments:

Post a Comment