Friday, April 27, 2012

Birthday Surprise


I have never been one to do big birthday celebrations, but it is very special to me when people care enough to do something. Yesterday was my 21st birthday and since I'm away from home now, I wasn't expecting much. But my roommates surprised me with breakfast and flowers early (and I mean early...) yesterday morning. And then yesterday afternoon, a quiet afternoon with a friend from church turned out to be a small surprise party with some dear friends. God has given me such a gift in these dear sisters in Christ who encourage me and love me through all of my sin and trials.

I think that it's easy to underestimate the power of our encouragement. What my friends did was not big and elaborate - a bouquet of flowers, mini cupcakes and a few cards. But it meant a lot. The Lord has chosen to create us so that our words and our actions have power and impact. Yesterday I had the great pleasure of being reminded of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment